Mumbai, June 3 (). BMC Disaster Control said on Saturday that a six-year-old girl was electrocuted and died after coming in contact with an electric pole. Another boy was injured.
The incident, which took place just before midnight at Chaitanya Colony in Vakola, Santacruz East, was reported on Saturday morning and rescue teams were dispatched.
The girl Tehreen Parveen Iftikhar was seriously injured in the incident. BMC’s V.N. Desai was taken to the hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Five-year-old boy Tanish PA Shinde was injured. His condition is said to be stable.
The reason as to how the electric pole got electrocuted is not clear and the concerned authorities are probing the matter.